Vivian James Rigney
Vivian delivers Peak Performance Coaching to successful business leaders and executives across the United States and Europe. Prior to coaching, he worked in corporate at executive level, understanding through personal experience the connection between successful leadership and the elements of trust, authenticity, effective communication and emotional intelligence. Vivian has since built up a successful coaching practice throughout four continents.
He has lived and worked in the United States, Germany, France, the UK, South Africa and Finland.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Newly recruited functional head of an international finance company who rapidly ascended to senior executive level by demonstrating strong and empathetic leadership during a period of turbulent and dramatic organizational and environmental change
- Senior Vice President of a major global technology company including preparation towards a C-level position, including board gravitas, smarter negotiation skills and cross-departmental leadership
- Global Vice President of a leading pharmaceutical company working to support her new position and influence at board level (on-boarding)
- North American CEO of an international food company supporting his thinking and effectiveness at managing his team’s development, as well as developing more effective strategies at managing upwards with his board
- Senior Vice President of Marketing for a major consumer products company developing behavioral flexibility with different audiences, particularly international. Improving awareness of and application of Emotional Intelligence within her leadership style
- Managing Director of an International Investment Bank, who, while operationally and technically talented, wanted to have much greater impact and connection with key stakeholders
Education & Professional Qualifications
- MBA – International Business and Finance, École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris, France
- MII Marketing, Dublin Business School, Ireland
- Influence and Negotiation Strategies Program, Stanford University – Executive Education
- Best Practices in Leadership Program, Harvard Business School – Executive Education
- Advanced Diploma Executive Coaching Mastery, Kudos, Oxford, UK
- Masters in NLP Applied Psychology, ITS, London, UK
- Certification in Coaching, ITS, London, UK
- Member, International Coach Federation
Vivian has an open, direct and intuitive, yet empathetic coaching style, with an emphasis on developing strong trust and rapport with his clients. His coaching challenges thinking, behavior and attitudes, towards sustainable change in performance. This is achieved within an accountable and dynamic partnership between coach and client.
As a mountaineer, he has successfully climbed the highest peaks on all seven Continents – most recently Asia’s Mount Everest in 2010. This has been a particularly challenging, humbling and rewarding journey – one that links powerfully with his coaching in facing challenges through personal growth.