How we select our coaches
We are committed to finding exceptional coaches to serve our clients globally. Within this, we have a detailed recruitment process, which matches the talents, experience, background and personality of the coach with the specific standards required to be an Inside Out coach.
We are extremely selective about the people we choose. This is a key element of why clients choose to work with us, irrespective of location.
All of our executive coaches bring a strong mix of business experience, organisational savvy, behavioural expertise, and self-development to their coaching. We look for coaches who have a combination of the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of business leadership, preferably leading to executive level in a successful firm.
- Formal education in business and/or the behavioural sciences and completion of a rigorous coach training programme that requires a combination of substantial classroom work, supervised coaching of clients, personal development work, and a performance assessment leading to certification. Such a programme should be accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Strong evidence of drive, self-awareness, intuition and humility, as well as an interest in continued learning and personal development.
To identify coaches who meet these criteria and are a strong match for the needs of our clients, we use a rigorous selection process that includes:
- A comprehensive screening application to understand the depth and breadth of coaching experience, motivation to coach, approach to coaching and corporate acumen.
- Panel interviews between senior members of Inside Out and the coach candidate to further explore their skills and experience fit with Inside Out and the clients we serve.
- Interviews with the coach’s current or recent clients to understand the experience and impact of working with the candidate coach.
- Observation of coaching skills with simulated cases.
- Selective ongoing monitoring of engagement impact and client satisfaction.